Search This Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Deceiving Headlines and Reports

First I want to say that I apologize from my long absence in posting to my blog due to personal medical issues beyond my control.  On the road to recovery I will try to be more proactive in posting again.

I opened up my homepage today to find this headline listed as a headline in my Business News section, "Jobless claims at seven-year low, signals firming economy".  What the hell???

There were reports and experts talking the other night on national news (CBS) and a business news channel that I watch and was able to see that explained this in a little more detail of which I very much agree with.  In comparison to the higher paying jobs that were lost the jobless rate has actually been decreased by poverty level jobs such as fast food services, retail stores, and summer seasonal jobs such as water parks and amusement parks.  People cannot find work in many trained professions or similar work offering good salaries like they were getting before and taking minimal jobs such as this to help make ends meet in their households.

I hate deceptive articles and headlines like this because a lot of people look at such articles which is the opinion of some fantasizer that is not give the full picture, facts and being honest with their readers.  But I am trying to be honest with you and bring you the facts of the matter based on my opinion and more informed experts and news reporting and articles I have read.

Right now the stock market my not be looking so shiny to you right now.  Why?  Because we have started that spring correction in the market that I warned you about in previous postings in my blog.  There are many companies out there that are way over valued.  I love picking on Twitter (TWTR).  This company has out performed itself on the market since the first day as an IPO and thus why I avoided it.  This company has never made a profit!  It continues to operate in the red and for some odd reason people feel in love with it when it came up for public trading based solely on name recognition.  Not a good way to make good decisions for your stock portfolio.  Go take a look at it's performance.  Some I guess are finally getting wise and the stock has tumbled and has been underperforming the S&P 500 now for a month.  Twitter was in dire need of a correction and I feel the stock needs to go much lower during this correction period.  For Christ Sake it is a money losing company with no base or foundation!  http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=TWTR+Basic+Chart&t=6m

Twitter is only one of such example why this correction is a good thing and I like picking on them because their stock has been a joke with the joke being on those investing in it. :)  Are we in a "Bear Market", absolutely not.  Are we in a "Bull Market"?  Well to some extent.  But we are not going to see in 2014 the Bull Market of 2013.  So what does an investor do right now?  We are getting into a buyers market.  It is getting time to watch for good buys in individual stock in Energy and Tech stocks.  You will be happy come the end of 2014 going into 2015 if you nab some good quality Energy stocks during this buyers market if you watch for a good savvy deal.  What do you do with the individual stocks you have now in your portfolio?  Hold them and watch for a rock bottom prices and buy more to cover.  What if you have Mutual Funds in your portfolio?  Ride it out.  Good balanced Mutual Funds are going to be pretty safe and by year end most likely out perform the majority of individual stocks this year.

I hope that this information has been helpful for you today and I am glad I am feeling well enough to start posting in my blog again.  Some have questioned why there have been no posts so I kind of though that now that I am on the road to recovery I needed to get back to it for my readers.

Thanks
Gus S.

Disclaimer: Make sure to review any information found on this blog site with your personal financial advisor before making any decisions. I am providing general information and not financial advise. I am not a licensed stockbroker or financial advisor.

No comments:

Post a Comment