Search This Blog

Thursday, November 21, 2013

What is Gus doing in the Stock Market right now?

Today the Dow closed at 16,009.  This is another record high for the Dow this year.  What to we need to look forward to?  17,000 up to 18,000 on the Dow before the run is over.  They continue to hold back on raising interest rates and this is good for the stock market.  This run is only expected to go higher through the spring of 2014 and now they are starting to talk even longer as with new Chairwoman Janet L. Yellen as the head of the Federal Reserve, who states she will continue on with the current plan with no increase in interest rates in sight at this time.

If you invest in Individual Stocks you need to be closely watching the markets and take your money and run when you have an increase in that individual stock of 20 to 30 percent or more in profits.  Take your money and run and reinvest your profits in other viable prospects.  A lot of individual stocks are announcing stock splits.  I have some of these upcoming splits in my portfolio but I never invest in a slip that is less than 2:1 and if not splitting below it's 52 week low.

In the past two days I sold two individual stocks in my portfolio at a profit and purchased a new individual stock that I felt would fit good in my portfolio.

Now is the time to be closely watching your individual stocks if you are at that point in your portfolio.  I do NOT recommend individual stocks for the new and less savvy investor that does not have a good base in their portfolio and no ready to spread their wings yet into this sector.

Gus S.


Disclaimer: Make sure to review any information found on this blog site with your personal financial advisor before making any decisions. I am providing general information and not financial advise. I am not a licensed stockbroker or financial advisor.

No comments:

Post a Comment