Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Twitter IPO Going Public Tomorrow

Twitter (TWTR) will be going public tomorrow (11/07/2013) on the NYSE.  It is predicted to open for trading between $20 to $30 per share.

Is Twitter a good buy to add to my portfolio?  Yes, No and Maybe.  For the new or average investor the answer is strictly "No" as you are probably not a savvy enough investor to handle what is sure to be a volatile stock, as most social media IPO's tend to be,  example Facebook (FB).  "Maybe" good for the savvy investor that has money to play with and can ride the long haul if necessary if Twitter tanks.  "Yes" if the stock takes a big drop from its opening price point.  This gives you a lot of growth potential for the stock to rise up later when it starts to catch up to the companies true evaluation.

I have Twitter on my radar screen.  I will be closely watching it tomorrow and for the next week or so.  If I see something I like I will buy.  If not, I will pass.  There are many more IPO's coming up all the time and I will wait for a better opportunity.  If you are a new, casual or average investor I do not recommend individual stocks at all in your portfolio so do not even think about buying.  You will be doing yourself a favor.


Gus



Disclaimer: Make sure to review any information found on this blog site with your personal financial advisor before making any decisions. I am providing general information and not financial advise. I am not a licensed stockbroker or financial advisor.

No comments:

Post a Comment